My Blog List

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blog 6: Type CATW practice 1

Music is good for your body and your mind. Listening to your favorite song can relax  you and distress you. Music is used in hospitals to treat many patients with depression, how to manage pain calm the patients and many more benefits. In the article "Is music a good tool for health by Elizabeth Scott" It states that "Music has a profound effect on your body and mind." I agree wit this statement because if I ever feel stress or mad I go and listen to same calm music and I feel better almost instantly.
My best friend Marta was suffering from depression because both of her parents had passed away in a car accident. Marta was taking several pills per day to reduce her depression but they didn't seem to e working. One day while I was checking my e-mail I saw this pop up that said that music therapy has successfully helped a lot of people with their depression. I suggested to Marta that she should go and after just a few sections Marta seemed to be back to her old self before the accident.
My boyfriend I had an argument and ended up breaking up. I was feeling really sad afterwards, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to take my mind off the break up but I couldn't.I tried watching tv but all I kept thinking about was my boyfriend and the break up, then I started to listening to my iPod and slowly started to feel better and forget just for a second about the break up. Now every-time I feel mad or sad, I listen to music and I feel better right away.
It is said that music can help heal us physically and emotionally. Music theraphy is used on children with attention problems, cancer patients and many more. Music can make your mind sharper or relax you, I think music can really help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment