My Blog List

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blog 8: Revise CATW Practice 1

Growing up there was a lot of music around me. My family enjoy to play the radio very loud and dance/sing along to the songs that played. Now as a young adult I listen to music everyday, music plays a very important part in my life and I don't think that I can go a day without listening to music. Listening to your favorite song can help you lower your stress tremendously while working, help your work performance while keeping a smile on your face. Research shows that music can help cure many illnesses like depression. In the article "Is music a good tool for health by Elizabeth Scott" it states that many hospitals are using music to treat people with pain and help patients to calm down. I agree with the statement "music has a profound effect on your body and mind" because music has helped me coped with many daily stresses that I may encounter.

An example of this is when my boyfriend and I had a argument and ended up breaking up, I was devastated. I didn't know what to do or how to deal with the pain that I was having, but when I started to listen to music everything seemed to be better and I wasn't in any pain anymore. Another example is when when I watched a movie called lemonade mouth, a group of students that barely knew each other came together to form a group and every time they preformed a song a crowd that seem lifeless and dead, suddenly changed, they got up to dance sing along and the atmosphere at that place changed, everything was very hyped. One last example is an episode of supernatural that I watched on Netflix were Sam and Dean were arguing about something silly, they ended up being mad at each other and the car ride was tensed and awkward until Dean turned on the radio and started singing along to "You shook me all night long by AC/DC", then Sam joined in and the awkwardness was instantly gone and they weren't mad at each other anymore.

When I was about 12 years old my mom got a call saying that my grandmother had passed away, I was in shock, I felt responsible because my mom had asked me several times to go downstairs and buy her a phone card so she could call and check to see how my grandmother was doing, but I kept procrastinating and I didn't do it. After my mom got the call she broke down crying and I did the same, she blamed me saying I should of gotten her the phone call when she had asked me too, that made me feel so much worse. As the time when on I didn't get better, I was very depressed, I went from a A- average in school to a C because I didn't want to do my work and I didn't care about anything. My mom was mourning so she didn't turn on the radio or listened to any type of music whatsoever for the about a whole year, I tried to do the same. One day though I was sleeping over my best friend's house and she had the radio turned on. This one song came on that I knew and before long I was singing and dancing to it, I didn't noticed it till after 15 minutes of singing and dancing but I had felt so much better. My depression had gone away for that bit of the time that I was enjoying myself, since that day on I listen to music everyday because my mood just goes up by like 101%.

Music can be a very powerful thing, it can change the mood your in. You can go from being sad to being happy, from being mad to being calm. Music is even used in hospitals to treat many illnesses and I believe that it help us heal physically and emotionally by making our mind sharper and making us more alert to our surroundings.

1 comment:

  1. There are some usage errors and some careless ones ("they preformed a song") but the main problem is the second paragraph where you never develop any one example enough but you skip from one to the other. The third one has better development.

    ReplyDelete