My Blog List

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blog 5:“Historical and Personal Illusions.”

I used to live in a cave, my cave was my country in Caribbean  called Dominican Republic.
Before I moved to NYC at the age of 7, I used to believe that New York was the best state ever. I thought that in New York the streets were made of gold, and everyone here was rich, there was a lot of food and everything was free in my head, no one ever had to pay for anything or do anymore work. In my country there was a lot of poor people and  a lot of people starving for food. I guess everyone in New York never starved for food and always had money with them. My family that lives in the Dominican Republic always kept telling "Oh when you move the New York you wont have to do anymore work, you wont ever be hungry, you can always eat whatever you want and your going to grow up to be so big." Since they kept saying that to me I believed it. Once the plane landed and I saw what New York was really like I was in shock, I never thought that something that I thought was so magical,in the end it was completely opposite to what I had in my head.
I believe that if you do your work ahead of time you will do best.
I used to believe that my parents would never age and that they won't ever ever die and I would stay little forever.
I believe in karma, that if you do something bad now later on you'll end up paying for it.
I believe that hard work get you the best.
I used to believe that if I wished for something to happen really badly, it would.
I used to believe that adults never lied to kids.
I used to believe that kids actually came in a stork.
Many people believe that if you are always nice to someone that they will be nice back or that if you respect your elders they will respect you back. I don't believe in that because not everyone in the world is nice, even if you are nice to them they will still be mean to you and even if u respect them they will disrespect you in many ways. For example I always respected the elders and I never said anything rude to them, but one day I was in the bus with my friends and it was really crowded. I had to stay in the front when this old lady came on the bus, I was kind of annoyed because she kept leaning on me, so I kindly asked her to please scoot over because her jacket was itching me(It literally was) and she didn't move. She just ignored me, so I end up asking her again because at the same time she was heavy and was starting to hurt me, so I kindly ask her again can she move over or let me move over, so when it was my time to get of the bus I pushed her out my way and said a lot of not so kind of words to her because she kept ignoring me, she said a lot of   inappropriate words to me. This is an example of how even though you respect your elders and you try to be nice to them they end up disrespecting you and being not so nice back.

No comments:

Post a Comment