My Blog List

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blog 3: Revise the Diagnostic

According to the essay "Hype" by Kallen Lasn, it states that advertisement have been rising little by little,
Ads are not limited to the typical places anymore like buses, billboards, stadiums. Kalle Lasn also says that there is nowhere to run from the ads because they stick with you due to the fact that there is so many appearing in the media.
Billions of ads are displayed everyday, ads have become part of our daily lives. Everywhere we go there's and ad, every channel on the TV advertises something. Ads can be seen anywhere from buses to train to billboards to stadiums. I believe that advertisement is negative because its taking over and no one seems to mind it. In the passage "Hype" excerpted from Kallen Lasn It states that "Advertisement are the most prevalent and toxic of all the metal pollutants".
  Carlos is a college student who is very crammed with school with essays. Carlos was behind on two essay and was planning of finishing one that was due the next day. Carlos went to check his email and there was an advertisement of some sneakers that he wanted at a cheaper price, Carlos clicked it and forgot about the essay because he kept scrolling for thing he didn't need. Carlos ended up failing the class because of all his late work.

 I was watching the TV and this commercial about the Muppets came on, I thought the commercial was really cool, it had a very catchy song that I kept humming to. As the day progressed the Muppets commercial kept coming on and playing that same song over and over again. The commercial that I once thought was cool turned into a living nightmare, the Muppet's song just kept repeating itself over and over again in my head and I couldn't seem to get it out. I decided to stop watching TV for the rest of the day because everywhere I went it seemed like that commercial was on. It took me about a day to get the song out of my head, but sometimes when I'm alone I can still hear that Muppet singing "Am I man or a puppet".
Ads are everywhere from Google to Facebook to Hotmail. I don't think that people should stop advertisement, I just think that they should limit them to less ads per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment